Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Where does the day go?

9 o'clock in the evening and the speakers connected to my desktop are keeping the neighbors up. Why? Simple, loud music is needed when still working at this hour. My laptop is is my lap with the desktop banging away to Chamilliionare. I did get off at 5, but after a quick trip to a friends house and shopping at Target what do I do when I get home? Eat? No, I work more. I drink too, but that's needed right now. I officially have no life during the week, and I'm thinking alcoholics might have something here. I have had some form of booz 5 days in a row now. That's a little abnormal for me, but it sure makes me feel better about what I'm doing right now. Hell, it might even be improving my performance.

In the 20 minutes I've been writing this and clicking here and there on the laptop I've edited and .msi package, exported a modified registry key, and rolled it all into a batch file so I can install it on 200 computers with a double click. That means I am the King of all Nerds, and I'm really good at my job.(or just over-confident) Unfortuantely my boss is just as confused as you are as to what I just said, so he doesn't really get what I do. That's ok though, mother nature punished him last night by putting some hail through his office window.

I think I'm done working for the night. Time to do something a little more fun. You probably think that means some D&D or crossword puzzles, but you would be incorrect. The King of Nerds (all of them) does not stoop to that level. I'm pouring my 4th glass of wine and drunk dialing the entire population of my sim card. When that bores me I'll go make a pass at my neighbor's girlfriend, just for kicks. If don' think this is a Whataburger night, but if it is I might just sleep until 8. Hey, a guy can dream can't he?

No comments:

Post a Comment