Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Quick Fix

Warning: This post is about Football. All those reading without the NFL gene woven into their DNA should stop reading now.

It time for the NFL Draft. For those of us that love Football this is an important time of year. You get to see which teams are going in the right direction and which are not. Unfortunately some of us watch the draft and realize it will be 5 months before we get to watch a game. 5 MONTHS! There should be laws against such things. I can tell you right now that by then end of July I will be shaking like a heroin addict that hasn't had a fix in 4 days. A man needs Football. Its an excuse to sit on his ass all day long and scream at the TV, or got to the bar and scream at the TV. Sunday is man day and we have a hard time justifying that without a proper sport on television. For now we get basketball and hockey which is acceptable, but in a month do you realize what will be left? Do you? That slow, boring game where 9 guys stand around and scratch themselves. That slow, boring game where you can eat 2 hot dogs, take a nap, go get a beer, and still only miss 90 seconds of action. I can feel dinner coming back up on me at the thought of the game so I won't even bother to say the word. Stupid game. No Football. I think I'll go cry myself to sleep now.

No comments:

Post a Comment