Monday, February 23, 2009

Role Models

Everyone has them, and they change throughout our lives. This has been rolling around in the back of my mind for the past few weeks. I started with a little boy at Target begging his Mom for a toy of some kind, which she promptly made him put back on the shelf. I got curious for some reason and went to see what it was. It turned out to be Batman. Not surprising, but this got my mind driving in reverse back to the days of being a kid and what I was into.

The first thing I can remember liking was He-Man. Yes, I said it. I even remember his arch enemy Skeletor. After that it was Ninja Turtles, and I'm not embarrassed to admit that either. I can't remember much past that until my teenage years when it was all sports. Michael Jordan was on the list. Dale Earnhardt was the man for many years, and there might have been a couple more in that genre I'm forgetting. As I got older it was more of a respect issue rather than fantasy. While I can't think of any specific examples other than my grandfather (he was a hell of a guy), I can remember trying more to be like him as I grew into my own. Its been a while since I've had someone to admire, but a friend introduced me to my new hero. I'm pretty sure I'm going for a career change after seeing what this guy has to offer. (Is Pimping a career?) Now I can't exactly show you what I mean because that would be stealing someone else's thunder. I can tell you that if you tilt your head 90 degrees to the left and than try and look at your chin you might be staring in the right direction. All I know is that Bobby is the man.

I wonder if he has a sister.

No comments:

Post a Comment